Monday, March 13, 2017

Lent 2017 Lenten Activities + Prayers Day 12

[READ + MEDITATE]

Read John 15:1-5.

It is only in connected communion with Jesus that we experience spiritual growth and formation.  We know it, yet we do not live it. Somehow we often live as if there are other sources of life and growth we must explore, outside of Jesus. But Christ keeps calling us back, "Come back to me, abide in me, give me your cares, burdens, anxieties, and fears. Trust that in me and with me you may find growth, grace, and peace."

Take some time today to review a past sorrow and find one positive outcome. Discipline yourself to exercise gratitude for this positive outcome several times throughout the day. "Look even in the smallest corners to nurture a thankful heart." (Henri Nouwen)

No comments:

Post a Comment